Eating a lot of sugar makes me sad later. A day without exercise or active recovery also makes me sad. It took completing the 6 Week Challenge to find this out about myself. By now there have been almost 1,000 6 Week Challengers who have gone through our program (almost all of them graduated) and they have all talked about the amazing life changes that have happened to them as a result of eating healthy and exercising.
But what if you’re doing everything right and sometimes you’re still sad?
Recently I heard these words from a few of my long time members:
“I’ve been sad for 3 weeks now and I don’t know how to shake it.”
“My depression has never lasted this long, and I don’t know what to do.”
One member said “I am going through the motions of living a happy life. I am putting on a smile, I’m exercising with my friends, I have goals and wonderful people around me, but I just can’t shake the sadness. Usually it only lasts a couple weeks, and I always know it will end, but this time it’s lasting longer.”
First of all, I think it’s very brave to talk about this subject. It doesn’t help anyone for us all to pretend everything is wonderful all the time. Second, I am under qualified to help. But guess what? Our trusty Rhino counselor is going to do a support group for anyone feeling this way Saturday afternoon (4/21). We are keeping the details (location and time) private for those attending, but just text 702-767-8797 that you want to come and we will give you the info.
The more ‘Happiness Meetings’ I host, the more I realize that most adults do not get the emotional support they need. While exercise and nutrition are two huge pieces to the happiness puzzle, they are not a cure-all. First of all, we need to be a part of a community that is always working on making themselves better. Second, we need to have goals we are working towards in order to be fulfilled. Thirdly, some professional guidance is always helpful!
I wanted more after I did the 6 Week Challenge. I wanted a group of people to work on some higher-level topics and challenges with me. The RhinoLife 28 Week Program is designed to lift us all up and help us become our absolute best selves. The whole purpose of it is to promote healthy minds along with healthy bodies. Text 702-767-8797 or call if you want to join the next group for the RhinoLife 28.
Your happiness matters! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Upcoming Challenges and Events:
- 6 Week Challenge Introduction
- Saturday, April 21st at 5:00PM
- Northwest location, but may attend any location after the introduction
- 6 Week Challenge Introduction
- Monday, May 7th at 6:00PM
- HQ Warm Springs and Eastern location, but may attend any location after the introduction
- Rhino Family Carnival
- Sunday, May 13th from 12:30-2:30pm
- Blow up obstacles for the kids!
- Rhino Member Adult BBQ and Celebration
- May 13th from 3pm – ?
- We will be using the kids blow up obstacles and playing games!
- RhinoLife 28 – New Signups are now being accepted for the RhinoLife 28 Week Challenge! Must graduate the 6 Week Challenge first. Call (702) 767-8797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Rhino Offerings:
- Yoga – At both locations, Yoga has been an amazing addition to Camp Rhino! Check the schedules out, more classes will be added soon.
- Kids Fun Classes – Members can workout while their kids exercise and play with David Funk at HQ at 4:30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays! $5 per kid. We are working on developing something similar at NW.
- Personal Training – If you are scared to get started or you just want to master some skills, we have amazing personal trainers for you! $45/30 minutes or $70/hour! Call 702-767-8797 or email email@example.com