Don’t worry Rhino Family! We have a plan to help you keep working out no matter what happens <3 Check your email for a special member message.
Here are just a few bright spots:
- You are Rhino Tough! You’ve been working out, eating healthy and preparing yourself for this. Strong, fit people are hard to kill and they bounce back fast! That virus is going to have a fight on its hands if it tries to run through you!
- People in Las Vegas have time to prepare. While gyms in Italy and Denmark have been shut down, we have not been. We will keep training you whether it is at the gym, outdoors, or online in your home. We were just about to launch our online training program and now we will be offering it for members and non-members as needed!
- The weather is amazing! We have large, ventilated gyms but we are also ready to go outside as needed!
- We know gym owners around the world, and as a client of ours, you’ll benefit from that. You can expect a world-class response to the coronavirus, learning from what other gyms in shut-down are experiencing.
In the short term, please observe the following:
- First and foremost, do not come to the gym if you start to feel sick or show any symptoms of disease. If you feel ill but would still like to work out, let your trainer know so we can get your online program together! Please do not come to the gym if you are under the weather.
- Wash your hands regularly with lots of soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Scrub vigorously. Avoid touching your face.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue or an elbow rather than a hand.
- Clean off any equipment you’ve used. We’ll make sure potent disinfectant is on hand, along with paper towels.
Given the worldwide situation, there is the potential that gyms and other public spaces will be forced to shut down. We will keep the small groups going until forced to do otherwise. We’ll listen for all info from the government and follow its procedures.
Should we be forced to shut down, we will not stop coaching or running training sessions. We will use social media to program and instruct workouts. We take a lot of pride in being a lighthouse: We never go dark. And we want you to keep working out, even if the government won’t let you do it at our physical locations. You didn’t pay for access to a facility. You paid for coaching and community, and we can provide that online, in parks and one on one.
In your members email, you will receive access to our online Members only group where we will live stream the classes for anyone stuck at home! We will be giving you modifications if you do not have any equipment. However, if you DO have some equipment, we will give you alternates for that as well.
Here’s what you can do to prepare for this possibility:
- Go out and buy a kettlebell or a set of dumbbells. You can probably get something for about $100 or less. Select a weight that you would use in a conditioning workout.This will be your primary piece of at-home fitness equipment. Don’t worry: You can stay very fit with just one kettlebell or dumbbell.
- If you have the cash, buy one heavy object and one lighter object. Maybe a few different ones. If you don’t have cash, get creative. Fill some jugs with water, clean off that old tire in the garage, and so on.
- Make a space where you can work out with “Rhino online.” It should be about 8 feet by 8 feet. Just don’t knock over plants or do a burpee on the dog’s tail.
- Create a Facebook account if you don’t have one already. We’ll likely use those platforms to run workouts.
- Make sure you have a way to set up a phone or iPad so you can see and hear us during the online session.
- High-five the Internet.
We do not plan on closing, but we have a plan if we have to! We’ll be offering the same enthusiasm, programming and energy over the Internet. You’re a person who works out. And we’re going to make sure that continues. This is temporary, so let’s use this opportunity to bond with our families at home and continue our healthy lifestyles.